some talks, some emotions, some expressions & some silence

Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Failure


Republishing this very old composition... 


Through the roads, under the shade
I walked, waiting for my fate

And then the sun starts glaring
and the birds stop chirping
Thirsty grasses start quenching
as they see the dry leaves falling
as helpless and hopeless, I was waiting.

Unable to solve the destiny’s paradox
the wait for my fate ended and I failed.

Neither the wind spoke, nor did I
unspoken words, pricking my soul
spurted as tears, but dried soon
as mechanical smiles, but lost sooner
dried in the heat, lost in dry leaves.

I don’t want to forget, don’t regret
as I stand prepared, waiting for the next.

1 comment:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Beautiful. I liked the way you had created multiple connects. :)